Our Calgary travel clinic offers a wide variety of travel vaccinations to prevent these common travel diseases:
- Hepatitis A (Twinrix®, Havrix®)
- Hepatitis B (Twinrix®, Engerix B®)
- Thyphoid (Typhim Vi®, Vivotif®, Vivaxim®)
- Cholera (Dukoral®) aka Traveller’s Diarrhea
- Japanese Encephalitits (Ixiaro®)
- Yellow Fever
- Tetanus & Diphtheria (ADACEL®)
- Meningococcal Meningitis (eg: Trumenba®, Nimenrix®)
- Malaria (Malarone®)
- Pneumonia (Prevnar 20®)
Travel health is usually in the back of our minds when we go to travel, but when traveling to certain destinations, the risks are higher. If you are planning on traveling to these destinations you should consider coming in for a travel consultation:
- Latin America, Caribbean, Mexico
If you’re planning a trip out of Alberta, our travel health clinic in Calgary can help you stay healthy while abroad. Our travel consultation is very comprehensive and we will give you information to take home and consider before travelling. We will also provide recommendations for travel medicine to bring with you during your travels and information on the health risks associated with your destination.
The best time to come in for a travel consultation is 8 weeks before you plan on leaving as this gives us proper time to determine which vaccines you will need and administer them, however some travel vaccines can be administered the day before you leave. Our travel clinic location is in Inglewood and we’re here to give travel advice and medical advice even to drop-ins.